I’m overwhelmed to have been nominated by Shatrunjay Singh for LIEBSTER AWARD 2018. Thankyou Shatrunjay! And yes, extremely sorry for writing this post so damn late. I know, no excuses would be suffice.
Shatrunjay is an excellent blogger talking about stuff that leaves me surprised many times. Read out his blog here: Shatrunjay Singh- Random Thoughts.
Let me answer the questions that Shatrunjay asked.
1. What do I get in writing?
I don’t remember when did I start writing but it was not long back. I do remember that it rained that day, I was genuinely happy. I ended up writing After Shower. I thought that I wrote because the rain made me feel poetic. The next time I wrote was when I was sad. I wrote again when I was angry and once when I was excited.
I am an emotional person. I write to let my emotions out. Inking my emotions (both positive and negative) gives me a sense of peace that nothing else can.
2. What’s that one event in your life which taught you the most?
I dropped a year after completing my graduation. I did not know what I wanted to do further in my life. Whether I wanted to study or enter the corporate world, I just did not know. So I decided to take a break and do nothing.
It was very difficult in the starting to be in company of friends who were pursuing masters or applying for jobs. It is depressing when people are moving forward and you decide to pause.
I didn’t know where I actually belonged to, but I could not waste a precious year. So I decided to learn the French language and joined an NGO as a teaching volunteer and a content writer.
One day I met a friend who asked me what am I doing now. I replied, “I don’t know!” He was quite impressed with my reply and told me that it’s good to explore.
I started saying the word “explore” as an excuse to stop people from questioning me further. With time, I realised that it wasn’t an excuse. I was exploring myself, my strengths and my weaknesses, the opportunities I have. I was exploring life. It was the year which brought me closer to understanding and accepting myself better so as to make a better version of myself.
3. What is the one thing that you like about yourself and why?
The one thing that I like about myself is my smile because I feel positive when I smile. It makes me and people around me happy.
4. Who is your favourite writer and why?
Not read many books by one particular writer. But yes, I can list down some-
- Khaled Hosseini
- Toni Morrison
- Margaret Michelle
- Shyam Selvadurai
- Virginia Woolf
- Kalyana Rao
5. What is your definition of being successful in life?
Success for me is the feeling of satisfaction and peace inside you.
6. How do you handle fear in your life?
When scared, I close my eyes and ask everything to take a pause. I take deep breaths; breathe out all the fear and breathe in the cool air to refresh. When all the anxiety is gone, I make myself fight all my fears.
7. Given a chance, will you change anything about you?
All my life, I have tried to change myself to fit in the society. It took two decades to learn to accept myself the way I am. So I would not want to change anything about myself. I would just want to be a better version of myself.
8. Who is your favourite author and why?
Already answered in 4th question.
9. What inspires you the most about writing?
Emotions inspire me to write. When I read my writings together I find them different, yet they are all the same. My characters are same, but in different situations with different emotions.. I allow them to develop with time just like my writing.
10. Give yourself a tagline.
For the next part of the award, I have to nominate 5 more bloggers. Rules for the nominated bloggers are as follows:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, link their blog. Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 5-10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
I nominate the following 5 bloggers for the award:
My questions for the above nominated bloggers are-
- What is your first memory of writing?
- Who/What inspired you to write? How?
- Which is your favourite read? Why?
- What is that one book you wish you had written?
- Describe yourself (a) in one word and (b) in one sentence.
- What is that one event in life that taught you the most?
- What do you notice in a person when you meet them for the first time?
- What is the one thing that you love about yourself?
- According to you, what is life?
- What is writing to you?